I can not believe March is almost over!!!! It has been a crazy fast month and I nearly forgot about posting a 10 things about Kendra post!!! So here I am with a few more days left in the month and I’m excited to share 10 more things about myself!!!
1. I graduated from The University of North Carolina at Wilmington!!!! Can I just say I LOVED being a seahawk!!!!
2. Yes, I know I was a multi-sport athlete in high school and ran track in college but I HATE WORKING OUT… like HATE, HATE it, I would rather go to the dentist and have a tooth pulled than work out!!!!!! Gary will be rolling his eyes at me for telling the world that, but it’s true, I really do hate it!!!
3. I very much dislike having my photo taken. Kind of ironic since I LOVE taking other peoples photos!!! When I do hop in front of the camera (which we do at least 2 times a year because I want to remind myself how my clients feel when they are in front of my camera… and then I love the memories we create so at the end of the day I’m glad I did it)… so back to what I was saying, when I do hop in front of the camera I make silly faces!!!!!! (SEE BELOW)!!!!
This photo was taken by a resort photographer whom I’d love to give credit to, but he never gave us his information!!!
4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the coast (beach and intercoastal)!!!!! If we ever become rich you can better believe I will be living probably on the intercoastal waterway (preferably somewhere near Wilmington, NC)!!! I would love to wake up and go have my morning coffee and quiet time out on our dock ;)!!! Dreams!!!!
5. I have a younger sister!!! AND SHE’S ABOUT TO MAKE ME AN AUNT!!!!! AHHHHH SOOOO EXCITED TO MEET MY NEPHEW!!!!! (yes you read that correctly, she’s having a BOY!!!)
6. I am a preacher’s kid (I AM A GOOD ONE)… I have to say “am” because even though I am totally out of the house and have been for quite some time it’s just part of me and my dad is still a minister!!! And shameless plug here… but if you’re in the Richmond, TX/Katy,TX area and looking for a church you should TOTALLY check out The River!!!! It’s where we went when we lived there in Texas!!! Miss our church family!!!
7. You’re probably thinking to yourself… why on earth did Kendra include flowers in her 10 things post… well being a wedding photographer has had me around some beautiful flowers… and because of that it is now my dream to be a florist (and by dream I mean I will keep pinning beautiful floral arrangements on pinterest and taking pretty photos of them… it’s a not ever really going to happen dream 🙂 )!!! I’m sure my friend Jody is laughing out loud at me right now!!!!! 🙂 🙂
8. I LOVE to read!!!!! Like before Kenzie was born would read 3-5 books in a month… now if I get one read in an entire 3 months I’m lucky!!! Maybe I’ll do a post on some of my favorite books one of these days!!! 🙂 🙂 SOO thankful that Kenzie loves to “read” too!!!! I may not do a lot of reading for myself but I sure do read to her A LOT!!!!!
9. You can look at my desk in my office and think I may not be organized… but boy am I organized when it comes to my calendar/planner!!! I think my favorite thing about the start of a school year (like going all the way back to middle school) was getting to get a new planner/calendar!!! Y’all I still have the ones from way back in the day to today!!!! I have always LOVED keep track of when things are, what is due, events, what I wore, etc. etc… Ohhh do I love to be organized in a planner!!!!!!! So now instead of the start of the school year it’s the new calendar I get for the new year!!!!!
One of my dearest friends in the world just happens to be a photographer… Janine took our maternity photos a little over a month before Kenzie arrived & we ohh so love them and still cherish them!! And yes, we totally took photos in a parking garage!!! It’s still one of my favorite places to take photos of others!!!! I’m sitting here thinking about it and realizing that we took our first “family” photos (granted Kenzie was inside the belly) in this parking garage, and then took our last family photos when living in Texas in the very same parking garage… makes me miss it a whole lot!!!! But so thankful for Janine & the images she has taken of our family!!!
10. I have TONS of photos!! I don’t just mean like a few here and there… I mean there are photos hanging EVERYWHERE in my house, I have thousands and thousands and thousands sitting on external hard drives & CD’s but then I have thousands of printed images from like elementary school till like my senior year of college when all I ever shot was film (because that’s all we had was film)!! I have boxes of negatives that I’ve kept from all those years of shoot with a film camera… I’ve always wondered why I was never able to save my allowance growing up… and I know why.. I was always buying film and taking photos and then having them developed!!!!! I was totally that girl that one year taped photos all over my walls… like ALL over my walls… I seriously love photos and always have!!!!!!!!
Alright, well there are my 10 things about Kendra for March!!!! 🙂
Kendra Martin Photography is a Greenville Photographer & Spartanburg Photographer specializing in Wedding, Senior, Lifestyle, Newborn, Family, Maternity, and Child photography!!